North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group
Health and Safety Policy
North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group is open to all older LGBTQ+ people and friends.
We aim to: Combat isolation and loneliness, encourage an atmosphere of friendship, respect and care for each other in a Safe and Healthy environment.
Statement of intent
- The policy of the North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group is to provide and maintain safe and healthy meeting conditions and environment for all our volunteers and members, plus any other people who are directly affected by our activities, such as members of the public at our events.
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety at all events and activities organised by the North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group lies with the management committee. This responsibility will be delegated to a named volunteer for each event or activity. This volunteer will be responsible for ensuring that this policy is upheld.
- For our monthly management committee meetings the responsible person is: Maurice Greenham, Chairperson.
- For all other events the responsible person will be named in advance and their name will be noted on all relevant risk assessments. All volunteers involved will be made aware of who is responsible for health and safety.
- The main activity of the North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group is to organise social activities and support for the North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples community. A risk assessment will be carried out before every one off event. This will include assessing risk as it relates to all aspects of the event including: equipment; venue; volunteers; attendees. Appropriate precautions will be taken to minimise hazards at all events and activities.
- The North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group may also run regular events at the same venue or using the same equipment, such as our monthly committee meetings. In this case we will carry out a general risk assessment for the event/activity/equipment/venue. All general risk assessments will be reviewed at least once a year.
- We will make sure all volunteers and staff at events and activities are aware of the location of fire exits and restrooms.
- All volunteers and staff will be made aware of the precautions they need to take as noted on the relevant risk assessment.
- No volunteer or employee will run an event or activity on their own, and at least two volunteers or employees should stay at an event until it is finished and the last attendees have left.
- North Midlands LGBT Older Peoples Group will hold Public Liability Insurance
This policy will be reviewed every year